Thursday, February 16, 2012

Boot Camp

This week, I learnt that :

1) You must be specific in your goal. Do not just build the castle in the air. Though this sounds normal, but you must really practise it to get the full meaning of it. Like how, what, where and when do you want it to happen. Plan out everything.

2) we're graduating soon in another semester thus everything seems uncertain and exciting at the same time. Hopefully there're many opportunities come along and we're able to seize it. what should I do? 1) work and travel? 2) to study post-grad? or to enter the corporate companies? shall I stay as engineer or join the management trainee programme. Those are the things that I really need to work it out in these months. Always read, read and read to get more information about scholarships or trainee programmes and not to procrastinate things.

Some words of wisdom from the professors : do not be really enticed by the first pay of the job. instead, search for job that make you grow that is going to upgrade your value. Job with higher salaries might become stagnant after years and job with lower pay may have huge increment after you gained enough experiences in the field.

I think this is the most crucial time of the year as we are going to enter a different chapter of life soon and every decision now dictates the future.

Also, to practise good habit is very important. Like stop procrastinating things and be more focus! Once you have set your mind on the goal, work out the steps and stick to it! I must get good good results next semester, my last semester!:)

3) Again, winning and losing is just a moment of fame. The results of this semester has motivated me to move further in my studies. Some of my friends are good and is happy on my behalf, they came and congratulated me and tell me that I deserve and worth the fruits of labour.

On the other hand, there're also people who jokingly, directly/ indirectly makes you feel that you got that by sheer luck or it's other people's hard work etc etc. They are persistent enough to bug you everyday just to bring you down. I am generous enough to still smile at them at the end of the day. Those people are so ingenuine and we should really keep a distance. A low self-esteem loser.

No comments: